Well let me asked this can a single person get more than 10,000 on their taxes.

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 4:02 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• Well of course. Getting money back -I am assuming your asking about taxes? The money you get back is from paying too much in. So if you paid the government too much in taxes it comes back in the form of a refund.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:11 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Yes I'm talking about income taxes
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:15 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Depends on how much you make. The more you make, the more you pay on your taxes, the more you are likely to get back.
    Anonymous

• Your question is very unclear. If you are asking how to get more than $10,000 as a tax refund, you need to overpay your income taxes by more than $10,000

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Yes, of course. There is no limit to what your return could be. If you know how to work the "system" you can without doubt get back $10K or more.

Business/Work related Deductions, Charitable Donations - including cars, clothes, toys and whatnot - Family/Dependent Deductions, And of course the more you make the more you pay and the more you COULD overpay... So sure, it's not impossible for a single person to get $10K or more back.

I have a friend who consistently gets back between $9-$10K. She earns no more than $10 an hour, but between her kids and other deductions, she always gets back a good penny or two!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:45 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Thank u for knowing what I was talking about, a simple question
    deserve a simple answer.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:52 PM on May. 31, 2010