What routine do you have so you won't climb back into bed?

OK whenever our kids go to bed late we know we will all be sleeping in the next day even until 10 or 11 I know that is late but man the bed and the room feel so comfortable you don't want to wake or get out of bed. But there are times when the kids do get up before us and I still don't want to climb out of bed I'll get up serve them cereall and since the kitchen is right there next to our bedroom I lay down again and sometimes doze off the kids will go back in their room and watch TV. But by now it is already after 12:00. (This only happens when we have nothing planned for the day)

What routine do you have so you won't climb back into bed? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on May. 31, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Unless you're going to bed at 2am,why are you sleeping until 10 or 11? We always go to bed at a decent time so we can be up at a decent time also. "Sleeping in" for us is 7am!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:52 PM on May. 31, 2010

• i am soo with pp....today was my day off and i got to sleep in until 7 am...i was soo happy...cuz usually we get up between 5:30 and 6 am....that is just the routine we have settled into.....but i agree sleeping until 10,11, or even 12 is too much....maybe try getting to bed earlier then getting up at the same time everyday....it isnt hard "staying out of bed" when you have an established routine. it may take a few weeks to get used to it. i was s night owl b4 kids....i would stay up all night a sleep all day....now that i have kids 10 pm is laate for me and 7am is also late for me...lol...it jsut takes effort and time to get out of that rut....
    Anonymous

• Go to bed earlier. DVR your shows if you must watch tv. I don't watch anything but the Biggest Loser so tv isn't an issue for me. Go to bed early, wake up early. Hard to do but when you wake up at 4:30-5 every morning it's easy to be in bed by 9pm.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Wow, sometimes we lay in bed until 9-9:30, but noon. What would you do if something happened to your kids? Not trying to bash, I'm really not, but that's pretty irresponsible to let your kids run the house that late by themselves.
    Anonymous

• OP here anon3:06 I know this is no better but our kids are so bad we tell them to stay in their room and watch TV especially after eating something. We lock their door that leads to the rest of the house and leave the one going towards our room open that way if they want to roam around the house they will get caught going through our room...lol Sometimes I get up to screaming, yelling, fighting I tell them u see this is why mommy rather just sleep in.
    Anonymous