Gummy Flinstones as Prenatles...

Since my regular prenatals make me queezy do you think its a good idea to swich to just gummy flinstones? Sound better than pills. Cause im already taking Regalen for nausea. i feel that all im takin are pills pills.

NalaBayBii

Asked by NalaBayBii at 5:04 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They'll be fine, I had to take the kids vitamins instead of the prenatal vitamins because they made me sick too.
    IxAmxPintxSized

Answer by IxAmxPintxSized at 5:05 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I took Flintstones gummies per instructions from my OB. We had tried several different prenatals, in different ways. Before eating. Late at night. Half in the morning, the other half at night... on a full stomach, on an empty stomach... it was insane.

I was on Reglan too, and Nexium. :]
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 5:06 PM on May. 31, 2010

• i didnt take any prenatals. dr knew and said it was fine.
    Anonymous

• I take 2 Flintstones complete, but the chewable kind. It was suggested by my ob. I even compared the Flintstones and one a day prenatals and taking two Flintstones is comparable and in some cases better than 1 prenatal. And they don't get me sick. Whereas the prenatals were getting me sick.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 5:23 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Check with your Dr. By the way, you are a brave woman for taking Reglan! That stuff made me crazy and super depressed!
    Anonymous

• I do the same thing because the doctor told Me to since I the prenatals made Me sick.
    From2to3

Answer by From2to3 at 5:25 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Alright. Thank you so much. Yeah cause the prenatals I have it says for pregnant women to take 2 pills, im like. whaa? noo....I get nausea like crazyyy. and im taking regalen. And yeah it makes me just reeeaaalll sleeppy. But eh, its alright. Okay well ill start taking some gummys then.

Also, Is Folic Acid a necessity??
    NalaBayBii

Answer by NalaBayBii at 5:29 PM on May. 31, 2010

• No. You need the extra folic acid. Yes it's necessary for baby's brain and central nervous system development.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:29 PM on May. 31, 2010

• my first prenatal gave me this crazy skin rash so i started to take flinstones chewables multi vitamin and my doc reccommened taking 2 a day instead...its definaley alot better tasting than normal prenatals and even better you dont have to swallow them whole.
    april262009

Answer by april262009 at 10:03 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Yes. I work for an OB and she tells patients with extreme nausea that Flinstones are perfectly fine. The reason being that you are better off taking vitamins that you won't throw up than ones that you will. If you're throwing up not only do you miss out on the nutrients of the prenatal vits but you are also putting yourself at risk for dehydration. She's been a respected ob for 25 years and has 5 children of her own btw!
    Anonymous