I think my kids have an evil stepmother ?

Because of work schedules, my ex husband and his new wife ( they have been together for about 6 months, married for barely 2) , has the kids from Monday ( after school) until wednesday evening. new wife doesnt work, so she does watch them for about 2 hours by herself after school. Since this arrangment has happened ( for the last 1 1/2 months) my kids have acted funny.... well I talked with my 7 year old daughter today and asked her what was up with her and her brother acting upset, and she said it was because their stepmother is mean to them, she yells at them until their dad gets home, and then they make them go to bed 30 mintues after he gets home ( which would be 7pm). And that as soon as they get there they have to clean the whole house ( wash dishes, do the floors, and laundry) and that they cant tell their dad that they did it...and that they also have to eat supper before he gets home so they can have their own supper.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I really believe my daughter, but I dont know what to do or say or how to prove it because of course the new wife will deny it...

what should i do ?
    Anonymous

• You need to confront both your ex and his new wife at the same time. Get them together and say you need to have a talk. If she denies it, then you will have to get some sort of proof. Approach it in a way that is non-confrontational though. You need to say the purpose of the meeting is because the children seem unhappy and you need to resolve it so that you can all live together in hapiness and harmony. (if that's possible)
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:26 PM on May. 31, 2010

• There is nothing you can do. There is nothing legally wrong with a step-mother having children to chores and eat before their father gets done. If the father has joint custody and puts them to bed at 7 there is nothing you can do about it. You wouldn't want him telling you what chores the kids could do or when they could go to bed. Divorce, custody, & visitation sucks.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:29 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Maybe you could occasionally "forget" to send something with them and just drop by and see whats going on.
    cassey.e

Answer by cassey.e at 7:30 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I meant to say eat before father gets home not before he gets done.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:30 PM on May. 31, 2010

• its the step mom making them do ALL of the chores though and telling them that they cant tell their dad that they are the ones who did it ( basically making him think that she spent all day cleaning) so it isnt like their dad is the one doing this ..... I agre that kids should have some chores but I dont think my 5 year old little boy should be scrubbing toilets and picking up used tampons........
    Anonymous

• Thanks cassey....that is a good idea !
    Anonymous

• I would have the kids write down everything that happened the days they were their with their step mom alone. Then confront the father with this information. One on One with him. If the children agree, have them present to confirm these allegations. If she is truly telling the children NOT to tell their father, then it only seem obvious that the father wouldn't agree to such actions on his children, and it's up to him then to deal with his wife. If after some time things don't change, THEN confront the step mom herself.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:04 PM on May. 31, 2010

• if it continues, you can petition the court so that she can't be present alone with your children.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:06 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Get someone else to watch your kids. Someone you can trust. There problem solved. If you go about it the way your wanting... your only gonna make things worse for the kids. Who do you think their stepmom is going to lash out on? them! your babies. Really best option is to find a different sitter.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:20 PM on May. 31, 2010