Broccoli

if your family eats broccoli how do u prepare it? we steam it and add a lil butter, salt and pepper. my kids just eat it up!

renniemom3

Asked by renniemom3 at 7:33 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Broccoli is the only vegetable my entire family eats. We LOVE broccoli. We either steam it or just pop it in the microwave (we have the BEST frozen broccoli so it works well in the microwave). We all eat it plain except my 3 & 5 yr olds who like to dip it in ranch.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 7:35 PM on May. 31, 2010

• DH and I love ours roasted, I drizzle some olive oil and add salt and pepper, roast at 400 for about 20 mins, then sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese and back in the oven for about 5 mins, gets the parm all brown and crispy....fabulous. Kids favorite broccoli is in Chinese food...they devour chicken and broccoli.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:37 PM on May. 31, 2010

• It's also my families favorite veggie - we also steam it like you, or use it in a stir fry w/ chicken and rice.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 7:37 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Well, my daughter won't eat it, but my DH and I will eat it anyway. Our favorites are in some stir fry or melting cheese on top of it.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 7:39 PM on May. 31, 2010

• We eat it raw, steamed, in dishes, and blanched. We love it too.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:42 PM on May. 31, 2010

• The way I prepare it most of the time is steamed, with salt and a little bit of shredded cheddar on top. I'm going to try gramsmom's way of roasting it; that sounds delicious.
    FrogSalad

Answer by FrogSalad at 7:46 PM on May. 31, 2010

• We just like it steamed, no cheese or anything else. It's so juicy and delicious.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:47 PM on May. 31, 2010

• We love broccoli! In the cooler months we eat it freshly steamed. In the summer, we cook it on the grill with some soy sauce. The kids actually fight over the left overs.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:06 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Raw with ranch, steamed with butter/salt/pepper, steamed with a bit of cheese, steamed & mixed into hotdishes. We love broccoli. I wish I could grow it but it's one thing that just won't grow in my garden. If I serve it as a side my DS eats it all up and asks for more, and will eat nothing but broccoli for a meal, til we prove that there is no more. It's his favorite! He's 3 and has been loving it since he was about 8 months old.
    Anonymous

• Same as you OP, except we don't use salt on anything.
    We also love to eat it raw with other raw veggies and a low-fat ranch dip.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:10 AM on Jun. 1, 2010