will my ob/gyn induce labor this i am 40 weeks pregnant this week. and i have experiencing chest pains and hemorrhoids. and some mild contractions and back aches. do you think he will induce my labor tomorrow when i go in for my appointment

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• An induction is usually started in the evening, and the child will be born the next day (if all goes well). You'd have to be scheduled so there's a room for you on the labor and delivery floor. So no, I doubt he'd induced you during your appointment. He will most likely schedule one for you. Hopefully you'll go into labor before then...my induction was pure hell.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 7:54 PM on May. 31, 2010

• i doubt it. those are not good reasons to induce. but plan on dr scheduling a date to induce you.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 7:45 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Not likely until you're 42 weeks. Inductions have risks, and doctors are risk-averse.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:55 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Gooooooood luck. I had worse problems than that (pretty much everything that could go wrong except pre-eclampsia) and mine wouldn't induce til at least 41 weeks.
    Anonymous

• Probably not unless those chest pains are something more seriously heart related.

You never know, you may not make it through the night to get to tomorrow's appointment - good luck to you.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 8:13 PM on May. 31, 2010

• He might schedule it. I suspect all you need is a good enema though. That happened with my second child. Went in for induction got an enema first to clear everything out and wham labor. So no induction that day. You can ask. The worst they can do is say no.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:27 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Unless there is a valid reason for an induction (40 weeks is NOT a valid reason) then the doc SHOULD NOT induce you right then. Why are you so eager to have the child? The average pregnancy is between 38-42 weeks and docs should not be i inducing before 42 weeks without a valid medical reason. They come when they are ready and obviously yours is not quite ready though it sounds like you are getting close. Personally after having pitocin AFTER birth for hemorrhaging and having a med free birth I would take a birth with no PIT any day. The contractions AFTER giving birth on the pit were 100 times worse then anything I had during my natural labor.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:05 PM on May. 31, 2010