need help asap

So im sixteen weeks pregnant, and my hubby's cousin and his 8 month pregnant wife have been living with us for two months . I told him they can stay until june 1st because my mom was coming june 8 to town for my sister's graduation, and my hubby's brothers are flying out on the 18th of june, and i didn't want all these people in the house, and I didn't want them to be having there baby around in the house either since she is due in july. We agreed june first for them to leave. Now they are talking about getting a new crib when they find a place and they will use one that was given to them until they find a place. SO i think they plan on being here for a while. They are late on rent and don't attempt to pay half the bills like it was agreed, and when I tell my hubby how stressed im geting over this, he just blows it off or says I have a lot of thinking to do, I mean I should be all he is worried about, and his baby not them. ?

ashleydjgc

Asked by ashleydjgc at 7:50 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-35 Credits)
  • No, no... freeloading family members, not cool. I might agree with the PPs if the cousin was like, "I'm sorry, we just haven't found a place, we really need to stay longer...." Or even "I'm sorry we're late on our rent. I know this a burden for you, but we're really having a hard time."

But it doesn't sound like they respect you or your place and are just assuming they can stay indefinitely. I'm not suggesting you be mean, but I agree that you need to get down to brass tacks with hubby. You're not all he's supposed to think about someone said? Um, hello, you're his wife and about to have his kid, I should hope he'd make you top priority!

I know that's not a solution, just wanted to support you and disagree with the PPs.
    Anonymous

• Take them to find a place. Tell hubby they are out as agreed or you are.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:53 PM on May. 31, 2010

• You shouldn't be all your husband thinks about. I think you realize that. He isn't all you think about. You are thinking about yourself and your mother.

Life is difficult right now for many people because of the economy. My son and I were homeless and we were lucky enough to be taken in by a friend that hadn't even seen me in over 10 years. Sometimes people needs to move a little out of their comfort zones to do what is right to help others.

You aren't even letting these people stay free, you are expecting them to pay! What's up with that! You would have to pay rent and utilities anyway. Maybe they should pay the extra utilities you have to pay because they are staying with you. If they weren't paying you they may be able to move out sooner.

Anonymous

• I agree with above PP.. take them to look for an affordable place.

if they can't within a weeks time, take them to the welfare center and let them deal with you, you have enough issues on your plate.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:09 PM on May. 31, 2010

• deal with it*
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:10 PM on May. 31, 2010

• tell them forget paying you and use that money to find their own place give them apartment brochures and look on craigslist to find places for rent tell them pick a few and WE will go look at them. Help them find a place so they can be out sooner.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:06 PM on May. 31, 2010