Caught up in drama... What do I do now?

My husband has a brother who is in his early 40s ( me and my husband are both in our mid-20s) ... I have an aunt who is the same age as my BIL.... and now they have started talking on facebook... flirting and even talking about giving each other "rub downs" ....the problem is, both of them are married.

My aunt added him first ( she added everyone on my list lol) but then he started sending her messages, saying that his wife cheated on him and now he wants her to know how it is ( basically using my aunt to get back at his wife), my aunt would laugh and tell me / show me everything that he wrote to her because she though it was so " stupid" for him to act that way when they are both married.

Well at my inlaws today my BIL and his wife got into an argument and his wife blamed ME because it was my aunt he was talking to--- now this is one of the only times his wife has ever spoke to me, and he didnt know my aunt was tellin

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• me what he said.....

First off, I hate when woman do not blame their MEN who are the ones who cheat ( or in this case trying to cheat)

Second, even if they did...it is my aunt, not ME.....

Now it is a big problem because even my MIL is blaming me for "ruining their marriage"
    Anonymous

• you need to explain to the people acusing you that you can not control your aunts actions. and maybe their son was the one wanting the relationship.
    Anonymous

• he defiantly was the one who wanted the relationship... I seen what my aunt put ( which she is still partly to blame too) ....... but he was basically the one who said everything that would be considered "bad" .... my aunt would say regualr things ( things that she could say to anyone) and when he was talking about having sex or starting a relationship she just said certain things like "oh", "ok", "no", "yes" etc.
    Anonymous

• Ditto to anon. This is the dark side of FB, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. People are hurting and they're looking for someone to blame and they've chosen you. That's totally unfair. So sorry. I guess the only thing you can do is let them know you didn't put those two in touch, you don't approve of what their doing, but they are responsible for their own actions.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 8:15 PM on May. 31, 2010

• You need to stand up for yourself. Say that you have no control over how your BIL and your Aunt act. They are adults and they contacted one another on their own accord. That you had no play in the two of them talking to one another or meeting. Just because she is your aunt doesn't make you at fault. Tell them they need to take responsibilities for their own actions and leave you out of it. You aren't responsible for two adults consenting to an affair. Unless you yourself were the one having the affair. Then add if they have the gull to sit there and ignore the true guilty parties then they can suffer in their own denial, but you aren't going to be held accountable for what you didn't do.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:26 PM on May. 31, 2010