Business Ideas

What businesses would you start if you had the money and resources?
What businesses have your started?

Go into detail if you wish.

The reason I ask if due to my husband and I wanting to start our own business. We have a couple of ideas based on our skills and knowledge. I'm just curious as to what everyone else would do.

JazzlikeMraz

Asked by JazzlikeMraz at 8:14 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• This is a hard question because it's not a good thing to give up your business ideas. I would tell you to go to Craigslist and check out the small business ads section as well as the Resumes. Get some ideas there.
    Anonymous

• OP Here - I have no desire to steal anyone else's ideas. I know saying that may not mean much to you due to not knowing me, but it's true. My husband and I would only venture into a business we feel comfortable doing. Based on our skills and knowledge. If you don't want to share your personal business plans that is perfectly fine. I am just looking for general ideas.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:49 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Are you looking to start from scratch and have the finances to start? If you are looking for a business that has minimal startup fees and can give you a huge return, I would love to talk to you. PM me, I can gave you full details....just don't have enough room to post. You can check out our opportuntiy video. Looking forward to hearing from you. (BTW, we have many husband/sife teams in our business)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAR6KRV2sIo
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 9:07 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Istarted a lawyer referal service, great pay, you can get information on it by going to EmmaWeekly.com

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 9:45 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• After working almost 18 years as a Computer Programmer I was laid off in Aug 2008. In addition I also owned and operated a gift shop (which I closed down the month after my layoff). Knowing I did not want to go back to an "office job" with no stability (who's to say the next company wouldn't lay me off too) and having the experience of running my own store for 3 years I *knew* I didn't want to do that again either (I was MARRIED to that store. I had 3 DAYS off a year and you never get to see your family or friends). Later that same year I was introduced to Arbonne: a 30-yr-old health and wellness company partnered with Mercedes-Benz. I can tell you from the bottom of my heart that I will *NEVER* go back to letting someone else decide how much money I make or what hours I work or when I can take vacation. Never. I now make residual income and am building true WEALTH (not a paycheck) while helping others to do the same (cont'd).
    AbbyJada

Answer by AbbyJada at 6:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Minimal startup costs and you're buying into a proven system (its already in place for you - similiar to buying into a franchise like McDonalds but its not a franchise). All the training is online and its free and the support you get from others in the business is phenomenal. Watch this video for an overview of my business: http://www.arbonne.com/opportunity.asp Then visit my website for more info www.choose.myarbonne.com or just contact me through CafeMom! I'd love to give you more information to see if this business is a fit for you... We have several husband and wife teams who do this business as well! ;D
    Cheers!
    AbbyJada

Answer by AbbyJada at 6:06 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• OP here - I will not do a franchise. I will not do a pyramid scheme. I will not do anything that requires any sort of start up pay. I'm not looking to join an existing business. Regardless if I run things from my end I don't want to be connected to someone else's idea. I want a business that I start from the ground up. My money goes into it for my business, not into someone else's business.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:06 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I would open up a combination coffee shop and health food store.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2010