Vaccines

IM completely against giving vaccines to anyone.. including my baby in my tummy(well when it comes out lol) when should i let my doctor know that i do not want my baby to have his/her first shots.. or the silver nitrate (stuff nurses put in newborns eyes)?? should i wait until im going into labor and let him know aHEAD of time?

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 5:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'd just let him know. What's the worst that can happen?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I think they have to do that! You are crazy!
    Anonymous

• Uhm actually they dont have to... you have rights, majorirty of americans dont know this because they word it to try and make you believe that you ahve to get it. im not crazy and i would definitely appreciate you not calling me that. :) we all have ouw own beliefs etc please respect mine as i would respect yours. Thanks You :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• All 3 of my kids had vaccines and had no side effects from them, but lately I've heard more and more bad things about vaccines. I respect your decision to not vaccinate, however, most drs will not accept not vaccinating. At least not anywhere near where I live. You don't have a choice. It's either vaccinate or see another dr, and I haven't met one yet that won't vaccinate. Also, I don't know about private school, but public schools require shot records before entering school. If you want your child to go to public school then you will have to get all of them done at once before your child can start school. I think you should find out more information in your area. Call drs and school boards and ask them questions. Eventhough a lot of bad publicity has been given to vaccines, if I had another baby I would still choose to vaccine. I want to protect my child from everything I can and that includes harmful, sometimes life threatening diseases.
    April_418

Answer by April_418 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• CDC National Vaccine Program Office: Immunization Laws
    States have many laws that spell out what types of vaccinations people must have in various circumstances. We also have federal laws that specify the type ...
    www.hhs.gov/nvpo/law.htm -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Trust me, i have looked into this for years and years, i will stand for this 100% the father of my baby was never vaccinated, my sisters babies were neve vaccinated, she has the same dr as i do, my bfs whole family was never vaccinated. u do not need to have your child up on shots before they start school, prive or public... you sign a waiver, once again, my sister does it for her kids. i was just asking alittle question of when i should tell the dr.. not asking for anything else but that... thank you.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 6:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• one more thing, YOU DO HAVE A CHOICE, AND RIGHTS. go google it .. google.. the waivers for vaccines... etc
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 6:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• To each his own. There is something out there that is making all of these kids autistic. I understand you not wanting to get the vaccines, but some you may want to reconsider. Don't do something that you may regret later.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 6:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• There will be no regret what so ever in my decision.. i have looked into this on both sides of the story, and i believe my decision is a good and the best decision and my family stands up for me 100% i will not give my child ANY shots.. i believe when god made us, he gave us EVERYTHING we will need to survive.. as the bible says. If my child does get sick, i will use a natural cure. any time i have ever been sick which is rarely because i dont take medicines etc i have used natural medicines and they go away right away and dont come back.. where as normal meds just alleviate the pain for the time being.. and then come back later...its a part of the sellers plan.. why give you something that will make pain go away completely? if they did that, they would be out of business! :) i could talk about this all day long... lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 6:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Tell the doctor right away about your preferences. Beware, you may get a little snarly output from the staff, but if you feel so strongly about this, and you seem well-read (on BOTH sides), then do what you feel is right for your family.
    aschwer

Answer by aschwer at 6:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2008