Do you ever wonder how your spouse and you make it finacially during the week or month?

I ask because My husband doesn't work a stabled job. He get's fired or leaves because he has a short fuse. But then ends up getting hired else where. He's hired with a company but he's been waiting for 2/12 months now for a client. So I am having to pay the majority of the bills. It really sucks! I would love buy my wants and never can! But now we just found out he might be loosing his unemployment because he was collecting it while working the letter we received in the mail from the president made it sound like it was OK to collect it while working. But it really does suck! I hope he can still get it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• #1 DUH you shouldn't collect UNEMPLOYMENT while working. What in the world would make you think that was OK??? that is called FRAUD

#2 I pity you for your thoughts on "my money" It's a marriage, a partnership. Not "his money" "my money" "I'm paying the bills" HELLO! Don't you benefit from the bills being paid?
    Anonymous

• Taking unemployment while working is wrong!! Sounds like he needs to buck up and stop getting pissed so easily to he can hold down a decent job.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 8:25 PM on May. 31, 2010

• i agree with anon. there is no your money or his money.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 8:26 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Technically he was only working 2 weeks then the company let him go! So good thing he got unemployment! Because he wasn't even working while being employed. It's hard to explain it's just frustrating to deal with. But then again it's our money!
    Anonymous

• actually you can still work and receive unemployment, but only if you make less than 100 dollars a week. If you make more then that they will subtract that amount out of your unemployment. If your pay is the same or more then the amount of your unemployment, then you lose your benefits.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:37 PM on May. 31, 2010

• you tell him to put on his big boy pants and not quit just because he has a short temper. get over it. everyone who works will tell you they deal with things they dont want to. if you can hold a job he should be able to.
    Anonymous

• I had an ex husband like that. I never knew when or even IF things were going to get paid for the month. It was very hard to budget and plan on money that I never knew would be there or not. The money I had made from working wasn't always enough to cover all of our household bills and other necessary daily things that life required, such as gas for the car, toilet paper,FOOD,shoes,clothes for the kids..etc.
    So, YES..I have been there. Thank GOOD NESS I don't have to deal with that crap anymore! I think if I had stayed with him I would have died from a stress heart attack already,lol. Laughing now..but wasn't back then...shooooot.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:46 PM on May. 31, 2010

• guess some of you ladies dont get the "for rich or for poor part of your vows do you?
    Anonymous

• No one is saying anything about divorcing or leavning him anon 9:45! they are saying that he needs to grow up and stop letting his trmper get the best of him!
    Anonymous

• nope i dont. i have a mature responsible man who carries his weight in our relatinship. sounds to me like you have an overgrown CHILD for a husband
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2010