how do you make garlic mashed-potatos

help me please!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I just add garlic powder and butter to them

or if I'm really lazy, I just buy the instant garlic mashed potatoes LOL :D
    Anonymous

• lol... but i want some good homemade ones!
    Anonymous

• prepare the potatoes as you would for regular mashed potatoes.
    Add garlic powder,salt,sourcream,butter,milk,and I like to throw in some chopped up chives or green onions.
    When you add the ingrediants, do it SLOWLY...a little at a time so you don't put in too much.Taste test in between.
    Don't add too much butter or milk..it will make them too runny.Put in a little, then mix a little to its all absorbed then keep doing that till the taste and the consistency is just right for you.
    I've done this with trial and error several times..and now I make them just right,lol.
    Its one of our favorite side dishes.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:37 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Here's a video.

Anonymous

• Easy way, Make the potato's and get some pre-minced garlic and add it with some butter. Mix it up and done.
    JaymieZ

Answer by JaymieZ at 8:43 PM on May. 31, 2010

• My kids don't like this but I do. I boil my potatoes like normal, with some salt in the water. While they're going, I mince some fresh garlic (a ton of it!), finely chop up an onion, then put the onion in a small pan with butter and cook til the onion is starting to turn golden. Then I add in the garlic and cook a few more minutes. When the potatoes are done, I drain them, mash with some milk, butter, sour cream, and the onion mixture. I like to add in some cheddar cheese too sometimes. I also add black pepper. A little extra butter on top if need be. Soooooo good! The little red potatoes are my favorite for this!
    Anonymous

• i add two whole garlic cloves to the boiling water with the potatoes and and after i drain them i just mash the cloves with the potatoes
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:58 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I roast a whole head of garlic. I wrap it in foil and drizzle it with olive oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast it until soft in a 400 oven.
    Boil the potatoes until tender. Then, I place them in my kitchen aid mixer. I bring cream and butter up to a simmer and add the roasted garlic. Then, I slowly add that mixture to the potatoes while they are being mashed. I also add fresh parsley, sometimes fresh chives and many times I add sour cream and mascarpone cheese or even pepper jack cheese to them as well. It depends on my mood.. Oh and goat cheese is fantastic as well.
    ( I'm a Chef turned SAHM and I grow my own herbs that is why I use fresh only)
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 7:55 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I add minced garlic and a little rosemary to the boiling water. Drain. Mash/whip. Add milk/cream, butter, grated parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
    kitkabob

Answer by kitkabob at 12:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2010