Can i give my DD frozen squash puree?

This is kind of dumb, but whatever. I have been making my own babyfood for my DD, but we've only eating oatmeal and avocado so far. I found this frozen pouch of organic winter squash at my local farmer's market. The ingredient list is organic squash puree.. nothing else.
I figured i could cut it into squares, and use it for feeding her when i need it instead of making my own squash. Because squash is a bit more of a pain to cut and cook, and this frozen puree wasnt expensive.

What do you ladies think.. should i just make the squash, or is this frozen stuff a good idea?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just defrost and feed. Sounds good. I didn't like all the work that went into making my own food, but I had more time than money. Squash wasn't hard to make, but fresh beets take FOREVER. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:46 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I think the frozen squah sounds like a great idea. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:49 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Sounds great to me!
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 8:51 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I don't see why not.
    Anonymous

• I would use it.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:06 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Sounds good to me - and like you said, it's suck a pain to cook squash! I'd totally do it if I still had a baby.
    Anonymous

• as long as there is no added salt (which would be listed in the ingredients) then you're good to go! wish I could find already prepped purees at our farmers markets!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:14 PM on May. 31, 2010