may be TMI... in labor?

i know several of you will say, "go to the hospital!" but it's not that easy... i have 2 kids in bed right now, single mom, not really able to just go to the dr whenever... and yeh. i am cramping, have diarrhea, majorly nauseated, and the baby isn't really kicking at the moment... any other advice?

gracefulsky

Asked by gracefulsky at 8:54 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Doesn't sound especially like labor...I have been doing those things for nearly two weeks along with contractions that eventually stop. If the baby isn't kicking much though...I'd call a Dr. You may be getting close, but that is a given if you are full term...I hate when people say that "it'll be soon!" Well duh. Good luck, and do a kick count after drinking something cold.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 9:03 PM on May. 31, 2010

• call
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:55 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Go take a shower. Wash your hands really well and reach up there and see how far your dilated. If you can't even reach the cervix your not ready. If there is an opening that you can fit more than 2 fingers in go get checked. If the baby reaches out and high fives ya call an ambulance.
    Anonymous

• It honestly sounds like the first wave where labor begins... I had major diarrhea and extreme nausea right before I went into labor. I had the diarrhea for weeks... and it got to the point where I would cramp really bad like I had to go, but when I pushed, it felt much, much better. I finally went checked, and I had been in labor all along, I just wasn't contracting.
    If it continues until tomorrow morning, I would take the steps to get checked out so that your kiddos are safe and sound, and you're not rushing around like a headless chicken.

Good luck!!
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 9:13 PM on May. 31, 2010