at what age do kids start loosing there baby teeth?

my DD is 5 and wanted to know at about what age she should start to loose them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on May. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter will be turning 8 in July. She had a check-up with the dentist about 6 months ago and the dentist said she was a "late bloomer" because none of her teeth had fallen out yet. About a month ago I noticed a grown-up tooth growing behind her bottom baby teeth on the bottom. I took her to the dentist and they had to extract two baby teeth in the bottom to make room for the new ones, so technically her baby teeth never fell out on their own. They weren't even loose!
    kittymom83

Answer by kittymom83 at 11:39 PM on May. 31, 2010

• My nephew turned 6 in March and has his first loose tooth right now. One of his friends is a little bit older (his birthday way in December I think) and he's already lost one tooth. I think the average is around 6 years old or so.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:59 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Visit www.mouthpower.org.  Your 5 year old will LOVE IT.  Normal first tooth loss is between 5 and 7.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:03 PM on May. 31, 2010

• The 2 of my kids who have started losing teeth lost their first at 5 1/2.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 9:04 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Both of my boys lost their bottom front teeth within 2 months of turning 6. It's been a steady progression of losing teeth after that--I think my 8 1/2 year old has lost 8 teeth so far--he looks like a bunny rabbit with his really big front teeth! LOL :O)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:05 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Mine children 8 and ALMOST 9 have only lost 8 teeth each. They didn't loose them until they were 7 and ALMOST 8. From Mayo Clinic's Site: Most children begin to lose their baby teeth by age 6 or 7, although sometimes baby teeth fall out up to a year or two earlier or later. The last baby teeth typically fall out by age 12 or 13.

It is my understanding generally speaking if they were "late" coming in they will be "late" coming out. The same can be said for "early". If you are worried about it consult your dentist.

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:20 PM on May. 31, 2010

• My daughter turned 5 in February and lost her first tooth last month =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:28 PM on May. 31, 2010

• My older 2 both lost their first tooth in Feb. of their kindergarten year. DS1 was just turning 6. DD was 5.5. My youngest is 5 and just lost his first tooth. He did get them in earlier than the other two. His second tooth is now loose and he is really excited.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:51 PM on May. 31, 2010

• on average, children loose their baby teeth between the ages of 6 and 8 years. Many milestones like this and puberty are happening sooner due to environmental toxins and hormones that children are exposed to, but that is the average range.
    Anonymous

• My DD's dentist says anywhere bewtween four and six is normal. She lost her first tooth at age four.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 11:17 PM on May. 31, 2010