SAHM returning to work

Hello,
I have been a stay at home mom for 2 years and finished dental assisting school just over 2 years ago. Anyway I am ready to return to work and am having major issues finding employment because I have been out of the work force for so long.. Any suggestions on what I can do to get back out into the field!!??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• Just wanted to say Good Luck!
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:09 PM on May. 31, 2010

• My friend was having a hard time so she went to a temporary agency that sends out only people in the dental fields google it by you she goes out to work about five days a week. Try it might help while your looking for a job. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:47 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I wish you luck. I have heard any lapses in employment greater than 1 year are really frowned upon by employers. I'm sure it's even worse in today's economy,

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:25 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Stay-at-home moms have lots of skills that employers value: time management, logistics. management, etc. You need to write your resume and cover letter in a way that reflects what you have, and what you can, accomplish!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:19 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• And get a little creative. Offer to work for free for a couple of days, kind of "buy before you try".

Answer by rkoloms at 7:20 PM on Jun. 1, 2010