Heartbeat in abdomen?

I am sure that I am not the only one so give me a reason why I feel it...when I was laying on the floor coloring with DD, I could feel my heartbeat lower than my navel. I don't notice it all the time just once in awhile. Why? Oh and I'm not pregnant.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 9:14 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You're probably feeling the blood in a major artery- like how you can feel your pulse in your neck and wrists. There are arteries taking blood through your abdomen and legs as well and you must have been compressing one of those.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:17 PM on May. 31, 2010

• There's an aorta that travels in the middle of your torso. Sometimes, when you sit/lie and you're compressed, you can feel that aorta pumping, and it feels like a heartbeat.

That's what my pcp told me.
    Anonymous

• IDK why, but I feel it sometimes too.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:24 PM on May. 31, 2010

• It's your own pulse.
    Anonymous

• There are several pulse points throughout a persons body. Seven to be exact. You can also feel your heartbeat (pulse) in your ankle, on your neck, on your wrist,on your inner thigh,on our temple and I forget where else,lol...been a ong time since I've studied that. Its normal, love.
    Anonymous