DISNEY WORLD.

MY BROTHER IN LAW AND HIS NOW FIANCE ARE GETTING MARRIED IN FEB SHE IS HAVEING A PRINCESS THEME AND THERE DOING IT AT DISNEY WORLD..THEY SAID THEY ARE SHUTTING DOWN THE WHOLE PARK JUST FOR THEIR WEDDING..CAN THEY REALLY DO THAT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• They are probably only shutting down a section of it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:31 PM on May. 31, 2010

• If they rent the whole park...but I can't see that happening unless her parents are millionaires or soemthing. sounds like wishful thinking.
    Anonymous

• HER PARENTS AND MY BROTHER IN LAW HAVE MONEY BUT THERE NOT ANYWHERE NEAR MILLIONS OF IT LOL..I WAS THINKIN THATS WHAT THEY WANTED TO HAPPEN BUT IDK SHE IS HAVEING IT AT THE CINDERELLA CASTLE I WAS THINKING MAYBE THERE GOING TO SHUT DOWN A ROOM IN THE CASTLE FOR THEM.
    Anonymous

• Well first off Disney World isn't just one park, it's 7 in total (at least the last time I was there, but there could be more now) I would assume she is getting married at the Magic Kingdom. And they do have areas for things of this nature. But no, they don't shut down the park - not even for celebrities...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:38 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Call Disney weddings dept and ask them if they do that

Answer by admckenzie at 10:15 PM on May. 31, 2010

• HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA, OMG, I'm laughing so hard. They are SO NOT going to shut down the whole park for them. Oh, man, what a good chuckle. Yes, they can reserve the castle, but that's about it.
    Whew! That being said, it's pretty awesome to get married at Disney World. I've seen it on TV, but haven't been there myself, yet.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:26 PM on May. 31, 2010

• yeah, no way is Disney World shutting down for someone's wedding. They can probably reserve certain areas that are meant for things like that.
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 10:44 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Yeah, that totally sounds like BS to me. I know they do weddings, but shut down the park and inconvenience millions of other people? Highly doubtful!
    Anonymous

• http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/    this should answer that one!

Venue start at $10,000+ for an 8:00 a.m. ceremony and are subject to availability. In addition to the above wedding ceremony package elements, a wedding reception is required. The following Food & Beverage minimums and guidelines must be met for a Wishes Wedding Reception:

Food and Beverage Minimum Expenditure:

Breakfast/Brunch Receptions* $75.00++ per person
    Lunch Receptions* $100.00++ per person
    Dinner Receptions* $125.00++ per person

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• When can I reserve my wedding date?
    Wishes Weddings at all locations can be booked 12 months in advance of your event date (based on availability). For Escape Wedding events, all available locations can be booked up to eight (8) months in advance.

I HAVE seen their weddings go over $100,000 for the all out affair...........but they cannot close down any part of the park except for where the wedding will be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Jun. 1, 2010