Who are the 144,000?

I was listening to a christian radio station today, and they were discussing the 144,000. He described them, by saying that they would be sealed in the Father and Son's name. He also said that they would be the only group to be completely loyal, and obedient to God and Christ. He also said that they will survive through tribulation, and they would be Jewish. Does this agree with what you know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do not agree with this preacher, because ANYONE who is loyal, and obedient to Yahweh, and is immersed into his son's name Yahshua which also has his name in it, is being sealed to this day. People are being called out by Yahweh's truths as we speak. Everyone in my assembly is working towards complete obedience according to his word. To say that the Jewish were to be the only ones would be racist, and against the Yahweh's word as it says in: Galatians 3:26-29 there is no distinction between races or even the sex you were born! Also this invitation is open to anyone who loves Yahweh's word as it says in the parable found in Matthew 22:1-14. Anyone who is obedient to Yahweh and HIS ways, truths, and statutes are ingrafted branches like it says in Romans 11:11-24.  As it explains in Romans 11:4-6. Since all who are baptized into Yahshua's name is under grace they become the remnant of Israel through grace. continue:

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 5:18 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Yes, they are the Jewish remnant who believe in Jesus and spread His truths during the 7 year tribulation period.
    Zanjea

Answer by Zanjea at 10:10 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I know I should read more of the bible but I don't understand it even though I somehow get it broken down so I do understand. All I know is that I believe in God I am not a church goer but I talk to him often & thank him often. I don't know how to answer your question but that I trust God.
    Anonymous

• So you agree with this man, that only the Jewish are redeemed because according to the word, the 144,000 are the people redeemed during tribulation. How can this be so, since there are so many Christians. aren't you redeemed?
    Anonymous

• Are you also saying that the Jewish are the only loyal followers of God? This man, and you are saying that Christians are not loyal or redeemed. Is this right?

Anonymous

• Not being Jewish, of course I don't believe. Each faith believes what their faith teaches. Being a Christian, having accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior makes me redeemed. Jewish people don't believe Jesus was the son of God.
    Anonymous

• How can this be right that only the redeemed Jewish who are so loyal to God and his son will be part of the 144,000? The preachers excuse is that they are the 12 tribes spoken about in prophecy. What; no other races included in this? Mind you this is a white preacher saying this and he plainly did say Christians were not going to be part of the 144,000. Does this preacher know something you do not?
    Anonymous

• I meant to say does he know something WE do not? sorry bout that.
    Anonymous

• I have also heard radio preachers speak of the 144,000. Some make it sound alot more difficult than it is, that is why we have to be discerning with who we listen to. The most accurate way to know what God means, is to read the Bible and let the Holy Spirit guide you to know how to interpret it. The Bible preachers I listen to that made the most sense, but most importantly, honestly do their very best to get the TRUTH out there is J.Vernon McGee, and Chuck Swindoll. Their interpretation of the 144,000 is as follows:
    The Jews will, at the end, follow Christ, and be redeemed by the Father. The 144,000 are the Gentiles who are faithful to God. As it happens, I am sure that as of today there may very well be way more than 144,000 who are truly faithful to God. I believe that number represents the amount of people left over after some of the other faithful people die off. This includes those who become martyred at the very end.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:32 PM on May. 31, 2010

• You are assuming much that is not true from my statement. The 144,000 represent the number of JEWISH believers...not the total number of believers. Jewish believers are a big deal to God. Remember He came as the Jewish Messiah for the Jews first! They are His chosen people, how happy He will be and how important it is that the Jews finally come around and accept their Messiah.

It will be very hard for people to come to the Lord during the tribulation...not just because of persecution by the Anti-Christ, but also because with all of the believers gone, the Holy Spirit...or helper, who lives in their heart will also be hard to find!

Also remember, all of the conclusions made about the end times are educated conclusions made from prophetic writibngs, no one knows the answers for sure.

You should definitely do a study on the end times, it is soooo interesting!
    Zanjea

Answer by Zanjea at 10:32 PM on May. 31, 2010