When your pregant and you get hungry late at night or in the middle of the night, do you give in or do you make yourself ignore the need to eat and wait till morning?

I'm wondering what others do about this. Right now, I am DYING for a baked potato (nuked in the microwave for fast convienience,lol) loaded with butter,salt,pepper,garlic and sour cream.
UGH!! I feel SO FAT!!!!
lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• dont deny that baby when your hungry!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:31 PM on May. 31, 2010

• LOL..thanks for the encouragement, secondtyme520..who am I to turn down solid advice! I'm bout to make my potato, lol.
    Anonymous

• I remember shoveling spaghetti out of the bowl in the middle of the night straight out the fridge and drinking a big glass of milk to go with it. I'm not saying its the thing to do, but hunger is such a hard thing to tame while pregnant.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:33 PM on May. 31, 2010

• Pregnant or not, I never eat in the middle of the night.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:33 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I'm not pregnant, but I have type 2 diabetes, so when I feel the need to eat something because I'm getting the shakes...I eat. As simple as that.
    I also try not to go to bed with an empty stomach, that's when I usually have the really weird or 'scare you out of your mind' nightmares.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:35 PM on May. 31, 2010

• When I was pregnant, I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. Haha it was nice at the time but I'm paying for it now. I gained 50lbs when I was pregnant!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:35 PM on May. 31, 2010

• gurl, i went through the samething when i was preggo with my first, but the thing is that if u deny the baby something, the baby will not let u sleep during the night, with me i was in high school i was 6 mths, and if i didn't eat anything during the day b4 lunch, omg i had to ask my teachers if i could go to the vending machine to get something to eat, and at lunch i had to eat burger and a lot of fries so my son would leave me alone during class.
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 10:36 PM on May. 31, 2010

• i used to eat kraft dinner every night.well..i guess morning..at 130am!! every night!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:37 PM on May. 31, 2010

• It takes about 300 calories to sustain a pregnancy, on top of your normal diet... that is a med baked potato PLAIN.

I gained over 100lbs with my first pregnancy, and learned my lesson! When I felt that way, I drank a big glass of water, and went back to bed.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:42 PM on May. 31, 2010

• I think that 300 calorie stuff was made up by MALE doctors to keep pregnant women from getting "too fat". Eat if you're hungry. Stop when you're full.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:46 PM on May. 31, 2010