Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone work for the department of human resources in their state? Do you like working there? Which state? I was thinking of applying? What are the requirements?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on May. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • My state requires a Bachelor's Degree. They prefer one in Sociology or Social Work. It's a calling to work there. The pay is very low, $22,000 a year to start, and you have to deal with a lot of unhappy people all day long.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on May. 31, 2010

  • Check your state's web page for all that info

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

  • LOL, a lot of the unhappy people work there! I've gone in to drop off child care assistance paperwork so I can do to Nursing School, and the lady at the window has treated me like dirt! In my county, the main requirement seems to be bad attitude.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

  • lol i agree. they are so nasty there. and it seems like the people that really need help get shited on!!!!

    Answer by extremecheer at 7:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.