Why does it make me so mad?!

I am a young mom. He has completely changed my life...for the better. I do everything for him and rarely leave his side. I take him everywhere with me and if I want to see my friends, my son is always there. I have had maybe like 12 hours of complete alone time total in the past 10 months. I choose this so I am not bitter. I don't have fun if my son is not around. I love being a mom and nothing else matters to me anymore. But several of my friends have had babies young too. They do not feel the same way I do. Many of them started going out to the bars again not even a week after their babies were born. They post pictures on facebook of themselves drunk or smoking and brag that someone is watching their baby so they can go out. I get soooooo mad when I see stuff like this. I know its not my life so I shouldn't care, but I feel like its girls like them that give us GOOD young moms a bad rep. I just watch to smack them!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on May. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• i had my daughter when i was young also, and i was just like you she never left my side. and it made so sad to see younger moms that had babies around the same time i did going out every night of the week and having some random person watch their child. it made me upset to, i just couldnt imagine leaving my kids with whoever would agree to watch them that night and not care if that person was even responsible enough to care for a baby. at least you are not one of those moms,. you have a good head on your shoulders and love for your child that some moms dont seem to have. try not to worry about what other people do (i know its really hard) and just worry about making a good life for you and your baby. if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to send me a pm...
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 3:21 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• hon im a mother like we are all im a older mother im 38 and from what i can tell you is i feel sorry for those kids not the mothers they should not be mothers at all im prould of you for joicing your son over that and yes it is hard but you look down at that face and say how can i not love this how can i not take care of this baby how can i leave him or her
    Anonymous

• it's not ridiculous to be mad about this. I completely agree with you. but don't let it get to you. Allow yourself to marvel in your son and every little step of his life. I feel the same way about my sons....my sisters don't understand. I had my party years, I don't want anything more now than to come home from work and enjoy my family. and if I do go out I want them with me. you're the one who will benefit from enjoying your family so much. live it girl.
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 11:15 PM on May. 31, 2010

• like u said, its none of ure business. if they have proper care for their babies and they are looked after by someone responsible and reliable e.g. DH's, MIL's, their sisters or Mom's then i dont see any problem with going with friends and having some fun. im a young mom too. once a month i go out with my girlfriends and party. my baby is at home with my DH. then he has one day in a month where he goes out and i ofcourse take care of the baby alone. so i dont see any harm in that. i dont knw y are u so upset about it. u dont wish to go out and part, thats ure choice. but mom's who do (and ofcourse leave their kids/babies with someone reliable) u shouldnt be so judgmental about them
    Anonymous

• Anon. It makes me upset because I know they are being judged by other people. I know when they go out and are shitfaced drunk and run into someone who happens to know that they have a 5 day old baby at home, that some of them are going to think to themselves "stupid young moms." I know because I've heard people say it before I was pregnant. I just feel like once you have a child, a certain level of maturing should happen and it annoys me to see that it hasn't happened in so many people. That even though they just had a child, their number 1 priority is still partying. Don't get me wrong, I see nothing wrong with going out with friends every once and awhile or whatever, but you have to agree that its just plain ridiculous to be going out and getting drunk when you just barely can walk normally again after birthing a child.
    Anonymous

• I agree. I'm just like you are in that way. However, I don't really get mad about it. Granted, I'm 25, so not AS young, but I'm the same way with my son. I'm a sahm and I'm with my son 24/7, and while it's hard sometimes, I love it. My friends go out and party and get drunk while I'm at home. Still, I know that what I'm doing is best. I'm putting my son first, I'm being his mommy. Your son will thank you one day. You're being the kind of mom that a child wants to have. Keep on doing what you're doing, mama. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:24 PM on May. 31, 2010

• they will grow up someday I think it is sad too for their babies.
    Anonymous

• I agree also. Although, those babies are probably in good hands wouldnt you rather be at home with that baby? I feel guilty just leaving for class, or going out once in awhile. It is good to make time for yourself, but when you have an infant/newborn/toddler I would think you would want to spend every minute you can bonding with your baby. Be a mother, act mature, when you made a decision to be a mom you made a decision to grow up.
    lovelyy504

Answer by lovelyy504 at 11:31 PM on May. 31, 2010

• You can totally be mad about this. Just because it's not your life doesn't mean it's not going to effect your life. Your child is going to be going to school with the children they mess up, and that will definitely impact your child and your life. You can absolutely guilt free be mad, upset whatever you want about this. I feel sorry for their poor children.
    Anonymous

• I am a way older mom,,,lol,,I have teens now. But the maturity you are feeling at your age is such a wonderful thing. Every second of every single day since I gave birth to my kids has been all about being safe, being careful. not putting myself into situations that would be difficult to get out of. For instance, I drive different since I had kids. I dont cut people off like I did when I was single. I dont go out and drink at work parties at all if Im driving. Cannot take the chance of a DUI, ever. I always want to be in charge of getting me home, so I would never rely on anyone to be my ride. I went to the night club scene as a single woman and learned a lot of lessons about getting drunk and meeting drunks. Inabitions go down and it can get pretty wild out there. Im sorry your friends are doing this, they will learn the hard way soon enough, be it a DUI,,,some jerk hitting on them, or not being able to get themselves home
    Anonymous