Would You Risk All of Your Savings To Open Your Own Shop/Office etc..?

If You Believed In It?

If You Believed You Would Have a Nice Profit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• we did it. it was and still is very rough! the first year i had no idea if and how we would buy groceries, or pay rent. we still have moments when it is pretty tight!
    we wouldn't have changed our decision to open our own business for anything though.
    would you regret it if you never tried?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:58 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Hell yeah I would!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• OP

Yes I would too, but I am also hesitant because of all of the 'what if's'.
    I am ready to take a LEAP of faith, at the same time what if I fall flat on my face?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• If I had a really good business plan in place, had done my market research and really knew the business that I was getting into then yes I would and I have :)

Opening a store or starting your own business can be and is very scary, the best thing you can do is work with your local small biz adminstration. They offer free help to new business owners especially those doing it for the first time, they have great advice, know the area, can help you with your business blan and market research and help you work out any potential issues ahead of time. They are one of the best resources out there when starting up a new business.

Just keep in mind your first year or two will be rough, you might just pay the bills and bring home little profit, advertising is huge. Those first two years you are branding yourself, getting your name out there and building your rep. If you believe in it then do it :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:04 AM on Jun. 1, 2010