I am a big ol mess by this time of night...

By this time of night I am a big mess. My mascara is smeared, my hair is a mess, and I am exhausted. How do you ladies look "nice" for your husbands at night? I can barely brush my teeth and wash up-- the last thing I want to do is "pretty-up"!
Ideas please...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Well, have you asked your husband if your looks at night bother him?

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 12:49 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I don't really wear make-up so I guess I look the same as I do any other time, just more tired.
    Idea? Wash off the make-up when you get home, plus make-up ages you when left on over night after wearing it all day. At least that is what I have been told.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• No, I suppose it doesn't bother him. It bothers me though. I would like to look a little decent, especially because alot of times he does not get home from work until about now. I don't want him to always see me looking like this. But I am exhausted by this time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• WASH IT OFF
    HOW MUCH ENERGY DOES IT REALLY TAKE? 5 MINUTES OF TIME, MAYBE 2 MINUTES? THAT IS NOTHING. LLLLAZY
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Well, can you break away before dinner or when the "bedtime crunch" comes into affect and quickly wash your face - use cotton balls with make-up remover..whatever is quickest, and run a brush through your hair? Just do a quick 5 minute refresher. That way, by the time you do get fully exhausted, there's not too much effort involved because it's already out of the way. :]
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 12:55 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• i agree with anon :54. Clean up your face, that is nasty to have tramp look when your hubby gets home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Okay so here's the deal, I am sitting her with my hair all funky, my eyeliner is smeared and I have grabbed a slotted spoon to scratch my back (no worries, I will wash it before I put it back!), half glass of Sprite and grass stains on my ass from our BBQ tonight.

You know what my husband will see? He will see the slotted spoon. :)
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:56 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• WOW...so glad that I am not married to the Anon's!

MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 12:58 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I always take a shower before bed time and leave my hair down and still wet. My husband thinks i look hot right after i get out of the shower no make up and a clean body.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Thanks alot RUDE N STUPID anonymous, lol. I can wash my face, not a big deal, I am just wondering what other wife's do to look good at night for their husbands.

ManicMomma, good idea. I guess I get so caught up in making sure the kids have done their homework, dinner is made, everyone is ready for bed on time, etc, etc... that I forget to take care of myself, oops...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jun. 1, 2010