I need a good double stroller

Can you recommend a double stroller brand name (maybe a jogging one) that would be good for two kids. The boy is 2 and a half and 32 pounds but he is very tall for his age (more like a 3 and a half year old) and his feet are always on the stroller tires because he has long legs and doesn't know where to keep them comfortably. I also have a 1 year old girl who is 25 pounds, she is also in the 95% for height. I estimate that I will use the double stroller for at least another year. If I wouldn't have the baby, I could convince the toddler to walk with me places, but with the baby it's impossible to also watch/chase a toddler. If you can recommend a brand name that you think has enough leg space, I will look it up on Amazon or craigslist, see where is cheaper. TIA.

cristinaberger

Asked by cristinaberger at 12:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I like my Sit N' Stand. We have a Joovy Caboose and a Baby Trend one and I like the both of them just fine.
    My son (toddler) loves it, because he can sit on the bench when he gets tired of walking, and he can also hang on to the back and ride around too. And it's not as big as a full size double stroller, like some of the Graco ones I've seen. So it's a lot easier to maneuver.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 12:53 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Can I tie the toddler on this sit and stand? He is in the phase of his life where if he sees something he wants, he just takes off. If he's not tied, he'll scoot out under the tray in our current stroller.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 12:56 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Yep. There's a harness where you can "strap him in" and also another hook that connects from one stroller handle to the other for extra security. Check out the pictures.. lol, you can see it better than reading my vague and stupid description.
    They're life savers.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I have a Kolcraft Universal Stroller, it is wonderful, it is a little heavy but it has great leg room, the front seat doesn't recline and that can be a downer but it has great space in the basket under it, no parents tray but the front childrens tray can be removed. My 4 year old still rides u p front and is plenty comfortable. It was only $65 which is why we got it. We got ours at kmart, they have one at our kmart that is a jogger and looks pretty nice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• i have a schwinn first step jogger. my son rode in it until he was 5...but he is average height. i thought he looked a little awkward in it :)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 1, 2010