Are you more important than games, TV, the internet, friends, etc?

Just wondering if anyone else's SO is 1000000% wrapped up in something else in as much of his/her free time as they can possibly manage and then complain about YOU never spending enough time with them, even though you practically beg for some one on one time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• there are times when hubby turns into an xbox zombie. he can play for 10 hours straight without moving from the recliner! no kidding! not even a bathroom break. he even did it like 3 days after we got home from the hospital after i had our daughter. but it gave me time to sleep without having to worry about entertaining him too lol
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:52 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• nope.... i am not more important than an xbox, or a computer.... and its kinda depressing!
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 1:49 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• We had that problem with Everquest 2 (computer game) when we first got together, but I threatened to leave him & he finally realized I was serious.
    Now we are separated for other reasons. Go figure!
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 7:04 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• eh.....im in those shoes.....hes always running around doing stuff outside, or taking 3 hours just to hang up 3 pictures......i ask if he wants to play halo.....nope but he wants to go fishing with friends!!! but its my fault we dont spend time together....although im always either watching tv or with the kids or household stuff....but the second i jump on the computer hes all over my ass about how im always online and never spend time with him!! finally i told him to fuck off just leave me alone....so far so good, lmao
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• ummm...can't say I'm in that boat. my hubby works a lot of hours and loves getting in as much time as he can with his family. and as far as getting together with friends and stuff...he's close with the guys he works with, so that really isn't much of an issue. and him and my dad go on fishing trips when they can..and we spend a lot of time out at the lake too..it works for us. it can be hard balancing work/family/friends...

maybe talk to your hubby? let him know how you're feeling..and make sure he gets it.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 9:02 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Yes, I am more important than those things. Now I am not saying ALL the time, he has free time, just like I do, but if he needed something or wanted to do something I would pay attention to him and same thing for me from him!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 9:02 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• This is one of my biggest arguments with my husband. I feel I rank at about the bottom of his list. His video games are top, then his job and kids and I'm way at the bottom.
    He goes to work and when he's home he spends the entire time either online (on sports message boards) or playing video games. He does nothing with the family and only engages with me when he wants sex. Then he blames me for us never having time alone since I have no interest in sex, as if that's the only reason to spend time with your wife.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:55 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I am #1 right up until he hops on the computer then he zones out for about an hour,lol. I could scream "my hair is on fire!!" and he probably wouldn't budge,lol. But he doesnt stay on it for too long so I just let it be and go find something to occupy myself with. Other than that..were good.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:48 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I know that me and the kids come first, and I also try to give him time to do other things and go out, so that he doesn't feel smothered or like he HAS to pay attention to me all the time, (and he does the same for me)
    Elyssa414

Answer by Elyssa414 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 1, 2010