Are there any MOMMA's out there who bring the bacon home and bring A LOT of it?

I bring a lot of money home.
We are set, and I mean SET. Our kids, our siblings, our parents SET

But because I always prepare for the worse hope for the best I get looked DOWN on. I have retirement funds, life insurance, a safe deposit box with stashed cash for Just In Case moments, College funds put away so My Kids and Siblings do not have to work, I did work and it was LAME.

It is kind of annoying. I buy my Little brother a new car, just a Honda CRV, nothing extra special, so he can go off to college, he signed a Promissory note saying he start paying it back in increments in 7 years. My hubby's family got so rude when they heard I did this.

I mean, it is money I make, and other than my hubby's parents, the money will stay on my side of the family, Mostly my children, and my WILL is very specific.

WTF? It gets annoying because I am just doing what is best for ME and MINE kwim?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We do well, but I do not want to support my extended family. My sister is always out of work and has a lot of problems being responsible. I used to feel as though I owed her something, but now I know better. I am much happier supporting my own family.
    Anonymous

• You sound smarter than your family. Good for you.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:20 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Well, I used to. We had a great house, enough money to pay all our bills and still have fun. Then, I got laid off.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:33 PM on Jun. 1, 2010