When should we begin trying for our third?

My dh and I have 2 dds. One is 4 1/2 the other is 18 months. DH of course wants to try for a boy. Sometimes, I do too. I love our girls so much and I do most of the time feel content just how we are. I just began my dog training business, and I'm loving having something to do besides just being a mama, although I love that too. So, my question is should we have another baby and when should we start trying??

AmberRay

Asked by AmberRay at 5:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It really depends on you. Do you want to stay in the "baby" phase for a couple more years or would you rather have a preschooler before having another one? I have 3 and there is about an 18 month age gap between the first two and the second and third. I felt like I changed diapers forever, but I'm so glad I had them close together. After the second one, I think it gets easier to add another baby to the family. If you want to build up your business then I'd wait a couple of years at least, that way you can do something for yourself. It's so easy to lose your ambitions when you have small children who need you so much.
    April_418

Answer by April_418 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2008