Would you leave your two year old in the car to run into 7-11 as long as you could still see him/her?

I went to 7-11 this morning to get some milk, I had my two year old with me and the weather is horrible and didn't want to take her out. I live in a tiny town and there was no one else at the store, and I left the doors locked and ran in for less than a minute. I feel like I am defending myself, but I also don't think I really did anything wrong.. LOL

Would you leave her, or get her out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Nope.
    It isn't the fact of rain, or not wanting to..
    It is the fact that your child is two and you should be with them.
    When you go into a store, and leave her...
    How do you think she feels?
    Please don't do this.
    People have the right and will call the cops.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Hell no! not in a million years. One minute is enough time for someone to jump in the car and speed away with her, it has happened before. My child is just too precious to take that chance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• pp above, or take her away
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I see people do this all the time. Why is it so hard on a person to get there child out of a car seat? There are so many what if's i could come up with but i am sure you can think about it on your own.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 1:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I personally would never do it. I have heard so many horror stories that I do not want to risk my LO for anything.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Wow! are you really that lazy!?! and before you say your not, lets face it... that was the MAIN reason why you didn't take her in. It was just easier to go in without her. What in the world made you think that, that was ok? It takes but a minute for your whole life to get turned upside down. Next time you feel like taking the easy way out, think about your daughter in a dangerous place... All because mommy wanted to take the easy road to go down.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Since you are asking here, Im guessing that your concience got the best of you. and if you need to ask, you already know the answer momma
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• How is this so different from being in a different room in your house than your child?  I mean, anything could happen while your child is iin the other room.....

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• anon :05 I guess the difference to me is some one can drive a car away, some one can kid nap a child too easily while mom is behind a glass door running and it is too late, child could have woken up and just got out on his/her own, then mom is outside terrified of where her baby went. It is illegal in my state to leave young children in the car alone, so there is that part of course.

There are too many what if's.

to compare a car to a room, IMO, is like comparing apples and oranges.
    Is your car in your house? no a room is
    Is your a car a place you sleep safely every night? no a room is
    Is your bed in your car? no it is in your room?
    Can someone steal your room? No

DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• The house could catch on fire while you are in a different room and could be blocked from you getting in there to save the child. Someone could break in and kidnap you child. Your child could climb something and fall and get hurt. Something could happen to you while you're in another room so you can't get back to your child. Your child could choke on something while you're in the other room. You child could get tangled up in the blinds or drapes and be strangled. Your child could become terrified because you are in the other room. The child could open the door and go outside and you wouldn't know where they went. Of course it's legal to leave your child in a different room, but my point is there are dangers everywhere. Even in you own home. Even if you childproof.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Jun. 1, 2010