not sure what to do :\

so, i dated my boyfriend a year ago for about a year. we broke up then got back together, and now we've been together for about 6 months. but i really can't see myself marrying him one day, we fight WAY too much. and being with him is causing problems between me and my best friend, i havent seen her in a few months.. when i used to see her every single weekend. i seriously love him with all my heart.. but im kind of thinking that it's pointless to be with him if i can't even see myself marrying him. what do you ladies think? im not sure if i even have the heart to break up with him :\

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• You have to steel yourself on this one and just do it. Break up. There's no point in continuing the relationship when it's going nowhere.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• If you feel this way, then it's best not to drag him along. Just break up with him and get it over with. You and him deserve to be with someone you can get along with as well as love.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:03 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• If you see it going nowhere, it's pointless to be there.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:09 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• You are investing your time with him and if you know marriage isn't what you want with him then cut him loose and find Mr Right. I wouldn't waste more time on him but that's just me

Answer by admckenzie at 9:30 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• that's when bad relationships come from, from daiting.... if he is no good for you, why do you want to be with him? why do you want to be in an unhealthy relationship? Tell him, maybe go to counsling? but don't marry someone that you don't want. and if you don't want to be with him let him know. Don't go around hurting yourself, or hurting him either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I'm a therapist...you recognize the problems with this guy...you need distance form him for a while to ask yourself if he is what you really want...
    Anonymous