why am i still in love with my ex, who CHEATED ON ME!?

so me and my ex have had a long history. he wanted to date me from the day he met me, but i had a boyfriend. so he waited. i dated 2 guys before i dated him, and our relationship was amazing. until we broke up, and we got back together, then he cheated on me. im dating someone else now, and haven't thought about my ex at all.. until he texted me today. and i realized im still in love with him. and i HATE IT!! i don't want to be with him ever again, but how can I get rid of the feelings i have for him?!!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• You do so by embracing your new BF with all of you! give it your all and never look back on your cheating ex. Love hurts, but you know he will do it again if you get back with him. You deserve to be happy.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:15 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• You're not really in love with him. It only feels that way because the relationship didn't end on your terms. If you were truely in love with him, you wouldn't have been able to move on.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• you CHOOSE to stil have feelings for this man. you are not really IN LOVE. more like IN LUST. you can CHOOSE to let this go. move on with your life.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• block his number from your phone.. have no contact with him whatsoever, and tell your boyfriend that he texted you so there is no dishonesty between you..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 8:13 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• No, that's not love it's relationship addiction to a toxic person
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I am in the same boat! But it really isn't love. Everytime I think of him I try to picture the reasons I am NOT with him anymore. It helps but no, it didn't not completely go away and it has been a year and a half. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• It takes time... you need distance from him to really think about whether he is who you want...
    Anonymous