cash aid / marriage??

If I'm recievin cash aid as my sons father left us after he was born, and I fell in love wit my best friend of two yrs, he asked me to marry him later in da year before he deploys too wyoming as he is a marine, wud his income effect my eligiblity for cash aid and food stamps!

mommy31508deme

Asked by mommy31508deme at 2:31 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• He would receive extra income from the military to support you and your son. This won't affect the amount of child support you receive from your son's father.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• YUPPER, it sure would. please tell me you would not base your decision on THAT?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Yes - your welfare (cash aid, food stamps, etc) is based on "household income" so if you marry someone else, their income is counted as part of yours.

Answer by missanc at 6:45 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• You probably wouldnt qualift for foodstamps anymore- but if this man wants to marry you- im sure hes planning on supporting you- so wnhy are you worried about it?
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• It would affect your welfare. Why do you still need welfare if you are in love and getting married?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I'm not gonna base the cash aid as a reason not too marry him
    I love and adore my husband too be. He's been raisin my son as he were his own
    From day one even takn me too the hospital & stayn da nite wit me.
    I jst dnt wanna become reliant on his income to pay r rent and bills
    I got layed off from work & didn't work logng enuf to qualify for u/employment
    So cash aid was my only opition and bein that my sons father
    Works under the table I wudnt get anythng from him
    He buys new kar and toys for it and wen I askf ro help
    For a booster seat as r son grew out of his carseat
    He laughed!! He thnkns txtn me every five months means he's a good dad
    And doesn't have too do anythng for him!!
    mommy31508deme

Answer by mommy31508deme at 2:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• him raisin ur son as he were his own means him supporting ur son so if he want to be wit u dat what he do
    Anonymous