Celine Dion's 9 year old still sleeps in her bed... how old is too old to co-sleep?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well I for sure think 9 is to old! after 1yr IMO.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:36 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• It really depends on the family and their culture, what may seem wrong to you may be perfectly normal in another culture or for another family. If the parents are comfortable with their 9 y/o in their bed then I dont see a problem.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:38 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Well, my daughter is 5 and she has to go to sleep in her own bed, but is allowed to come sleep with us if she wakes up during the night. That happens at least once a month. But this is Celine Dion we're talking about. I imagine with her crazy schedule, bed time is some of the little time she has with her son.
    Of course I don't know, I'm just assuming..!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 2:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• well
    I slept in the same bed as my mom until I was 10, even every once in a while until I was like 13lol
    My sister slept with her until she was about 11 and still every now and then no, she's 12

just preference I think.

we didn't cuddle or anything, she had a Cal. King, I slept on one side, she on the other, when my sis came, she slept on my moms side, when she was a tot we slept me, my sis in the middle, my mom on the other side.

My mom was a single parent, my dad abused her every time he came around, beat, rape, you name it, so I was extremely attached and wanted to be with my mom all I could, I thought one day I would lose her at his hands. Sad but TRUE
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Answered at 11:36 PM on May. 31, 2010 by: 

soonm...

Well I for sure think 9 is to old! after 1yr IMO.

LOW CLASS

SERIOUSLY?

Well I for sure think 9 is too old! after 1yr IMO.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I think it should be determined by the individual family what age is too old, not by what others think.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• My husbands aunt and uncle who raised him have a ten year old dd that has a twin size bed right next to there's and they make her sleep in there with them they are way over protective. She will not even walk upstairs with out one of them going with her. And she has never stayed the night with anyone. I think it is crazy.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 2:49 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I can understand Celine's schedule. BUT 9 yrs of age is a bit old. I mean I highly doubt they have a one bedroom home.

But then she seems to be pretty well grounded and remember, she came from a big family and are pretty close. So.......for me I only think he needs a hair cut but he is a gorgeous boy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• What heck is your problem anon. Did you ever think that maybe it was a typo. Also how in the world would that make me low class. Your either someone who I have disagreed on here many times, or your just being a mean, rude and hateful person. Either way your comment was uncalled for.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• The* Don't want the spelling Nazi to gas me.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:02 AM on Jun. 1, 2010