why are so many mothers unbalanced?

I've noticed over the months of being on CM that mothers on here are very black and white about things. Like they're either "work full time; formula feeding: cry it out: spanking nazis" or they're "in your face, extended breast feeding; co-sleeping till ten; pacifists" basicly loony on both sides of the spectrum. why can't mothers just balance there lives and make good decisions for there children and themselves without going so crazy???

yes I am calling out stereotypes, but there seem to be so many on here anyways.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Hahaha I love this question. Preach sister! So true!
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 3:48 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• good think your perfect
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• welp i guess you just joined in being a member of the judgmental psychos on cafemom who sees things only in BLACK AND WHITE TERMSS.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:40 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I see it on Yahoo! Answers more than here. I asked a question about losing weight if you aren't breastfeeding and someone call me a fat ass and proceeded to laugh at the 10 pounds I have retained since pregnancy. It's insane. I am guilty of judging moms that spank though. I shouldn't judge them. You know what's best for your family.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 6:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Hey, don't I get a category? :-)
    Formula fed, no co-sleeping, no cry it out, no spanking (he hasn't really done anything to deserve it), sneak veggies and fish into his mac & cheese (hello, picky eater!), SAHM to a 22 MO who loves frogs... ick.

I did, however, try co-sleeping one time, but when I woke up because Baby was pulling my eyelid up and laughing at me I thought "to hell with this" and back to the crib he went.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:20 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• There are still some moms who try to see it both ways, we aren't all judgmental, hormonal (well maybe a little hormonal) b*tchy freaks. I agree lately it seems the bad out weighs the good but it isn't all bad.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• It seems more like some just like causeing arguments on an opinion. I love this post!!! It is kind of true but you do get normal moms on here more times then not!
    sam123333

Answer by sam123333 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• So it's unbalanced to be black and white about things? How do you figure? Black and white is one thing but that is not what you are talking about. You're talking about fanatics.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I'm more of a center person than one extreme or another...
    Anonymous