Don't wanna be married

Is there anyone else who just doesn't want to be married anymore? My DH is a great husband and father but I feel like being a wife is not for me and I want to be single and not have to live this same monotonous life. I've been married my entire adult lifehood which is going on 8 years now (I'll be 28 this month) and I feel like I've missed out on experiencing so many othe things. do I sound selfish for wanting to live my own life? The kids will always be taken care of, I'm just not happy being married anymore :-(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• How can people be so rude? Everyone acts like she committed a crime. Peoples feelings change over the years and that is normal, we are only human. I understand where you are coming from. I think maybe you and DH should try doing things together. Maybe have some date nights and spend lots of time together, Try falling in love with him again like you did when you first got married. But if that doesn't work then it's no use in being in a marriage if you are not happy. It will only hurt everyone in the end. Why does everyone think that when they get married, then your going to live happily ever after with your knight in shining armor? It doesn't always turn out like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• All I have to say is "the grass is always greener on the other side"
    Kalebs_mommy23

Answer by Kalebs_mommy23 at 3:49 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• i felt the same way until my dh said he wanted to leave.. then i relized how much i loved him i dont know what i would do without him and we have worked out everything and we are staying together i couldnt think of my kids having a stepmom or me and dh having to share our kids... hes my bestfriend and i dont want to lose him i have been with him for 6yrs and now that i think about it im glad i never let it go... i have to many friends who are single that wish they had what i have and they are miserable
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• but anyways i forgot to add do what makes you happy but dont forget he will probably find someone else and you will have to see that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I never feel this way... I've been married 7 years, I'll be 27 next month and I can honestly say I can't imagine life without my hubby. Thining about dating... flirting... haven't to meet someone all over again. UHG! Doesn't sound like any fun to me. And having to fing someone that has the potential to be a good day to my kids would just feel like a job interview.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Its crazy cause I have everything my single friends want, my life seems so perfect and I guess it compared to theirs. I dont want for anything, I have a good job, money is never the issue but I'm just not happy. IDK I just feel like I'm too young to be married forever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:56 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• well do what makes you happy but you have kids now and you will have to watch who you bring into your life does your dh not make you feel loved?? he doesnt sound like a bad guy you havent said anything bad about him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• GOOD GRIEF GROW UP. if your life is boring that is on YOU. you wanna screw up your kids and husband because you wanna be SINGLE and living the HIGH LIFE or something? GROW UP. you madea committment, you have children. and a GOOD MAN BY YOUR OWN ADMISION. if your life is boring DO SOMETHING about it. get a hobby, spend time with your husband doing something new. JEESh
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:48 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I'm not looking to bring anyone into my kids life. He is a great guy, I have nothing bad to say about him, I don't think the married life is for me. I am grown, I have tons of hobbies. I work, take classes, do things with the family, spend time with my husband. Since when did you need to be married to raise kids, I grew up with divorced parents and I came up perfectly fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:41 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• So don't be married.. It's your call..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 8:08 AM on Jun. 1, 2010