32 weeks pregnant and not gaining weight! im loosing it!!

idk whats going on with me.. but i have gained only 27 pounds so far. and im concerned.. i weighed 132 at the begg and now im at 158.. i was 159 last night and at my last appt i weighed 159. what could be going on?? it doesnt seem like im gaining any weight.. should i be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if your Dr is not worried, i would not be.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:05 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I wouldnt worry about. You dont have to gain so much wieght! I would just make sure you are eating healthy and at least walking and all will be okay. Too much gained wieght is bad.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 5:07 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Only gained 27? That's not bad. Most women are suppose to gain between 25-35 pounds, you fall within that range. The most I've ever gained was 26 lbs and I started at 106 lbs (without watching my weight). My doctor wasn't worried.
    With this pregnancy I've lost weight and have not gotten back up to my original weight yet (I started out a little heavier than I did that first time), but my baby is growing well and I'm eating healthy, so my OB is not worried at all. Each woman is different. They always forget to mention that in those pregnancy books that I swear are meant to scare us more than help us.
    Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Stop weighting yourself. You can lose or gain up to 5lbs a day between food you've eaten and water weight. Only do it once a week or wait until your Dr appt. Your Dr's numbers are the only ones that matter anyway. All you are doing is stressing yourself out. Not good for you or the baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I'm 33 weeks and have only gained 4-5 lbs. I was 125 lbs when I started - my dr isn't worried but is keeping a good eye on my baby's growth. 27 lbs at 32 weeks is doing just fine!

Answer by missanc at 6:32 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I was 32 weeks before I gained my first pound. I wouldnt worry about if your doctor is not worried about. It can go up and down.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 6:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I was actually lighter when I was 39 weeks pregnant than when I was not pregnant nine months before. I lost 24 pounds the first couple trimesters and then gained 17 of it back. My doctor wasn't concerned at all. You might want to see what your doctor says.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:49 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Overall body weight really isn't important. The tape measurement of your belly shows how much of it is baby. RELAX.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• SOunds like you are doing just fine!! With my babies I didnt gain more than 1lb in the last 5-6 wks!!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 9:24 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• If you have gained 27 pounds at only 32 weeks then I wouldnt worry about it at all because you will definitely gain at least 10 more by the end of the pregnancy. I have never heard of anybody worrying about not gaining enough when they have gained 27 pounds! There is nothing to worry about, seriously! I was under my pre-pregnancy weight when I delivered my first 2 and I only gained 9 pounds with my 3rd and it was never cause for concern so you are fine!
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2010