do you believe in smacking you kids

My two sons are rebels, I'm tearing my hair out in fear that they will get hurt or spend there lives up to no good, should I smack my son's they are 11 years old, what is your advice!!

martinablake219

Asked by martinablake219 at 7:40 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• No. Depending on what is going on, there are usually ways to show your kids what their actions can lead to. If they are stealing and causing trouble, see if you can find a inmate they can talk to or a officer that will let them see what a jail cell looks like. If they are complaining about life, take them to a shelter to help out at and let them see how nice they have it. There are ways besides hitting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:52 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Take something away if they cannot cooperate. Their video games, their ipod, their freedom...lol, their cell phone. Take away anything you know they like A LOT. You have a lot of leverage with an 11 year old. You just have to stick to your guns. If you don't stick to your guns they will learn to manipulate you. Don't smack your 11 year old, they're too old for that.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:58 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I do not believe in hitting my child.. How many criminals have you heard say "I had a great life growing up, my parents never hit me"..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 7:58 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• lol ren ren...NONE!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:59 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I hope this is a joke. What on earth do you think smacking them will accomplish? How about teaching them? Guiding them? They are going through adolescence, hormones are going nuts so smacking them would not change their behavior. It would only make them hate you and according to Jesse James it will make them grow up and marry Sandra Bullock and cheat on her so don't smack them. I'm guessing you don't remember what you were like at that age. Stop by a middle school on any given day and observe or talk to a middle school principal. You will find out that it's the age, not the children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• no!

Answer by older at 8:35 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Hi its Martina Blake back again :-(
    I'm ripping my own hair out worring about what they are up to, they are a set of twins so they know what to say and how to cover up for eachother, if I talk away there pocket money they only laugh at me, they are able to steal with there friends around the shops that they are not barred form.
    I try locking them in there bedrooms and they get out the windows.....There seems nothing that I can do to keep them in line, I used to know these two men, now they are thinking up differnt scams, I'm lost, I tried talking to them, they just laugh at me....

What am I to do!!!
    martinablake219

Answer by martinablake219 at 3:28 PM on Jun. 1, 2010