Saving for a Wedding

Any unique ideas to help with saving for a wedding? We are getting married August 6, 2010 and still have several big expences to pay for (the balance of the hall, photographer, DJ) and at first had a means to pay for it all. Then my work cut my hours and isnt guaranteeing that I will get back to full time any time soon. ( I went from getting 40 hours a week to on average 18 hours a week within the last 4 months)...now Im starting to worry because were getting married in 2 months and dont have the means to pay for everything....invites are already done so I cant change location now or we would loose out on the money we've already put in on it. Any unique ways to save money?? All ideas would be appreciated! Thanks :)

landons.mama

Asked by landons.mama at 8:30 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• pay for 1 thing at a time...as soon as you have the money for one thing..go pay for it or buy it.
    also if anyone in your family ask what you would like for your wedding or if they can do anything you could ask them to help..I wouldnt just go and ask (only if they ask) tell them it can be for your gift and you would really appreciate it...also make sure its nothing too expensive.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• when i got married i put every dime i made towards our wedding
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Get another job or a part time job to add to the one you have. My daughter just got married a week ago, my husband picked up a temp job to pay for the wedding. Scale down your wedding plans to what you can easily afford. The easiest way to cut your expenses is to cut your guest list down. Keep your guest list limited to only those people who are closest to you & mean the most to you. Not only will you save on your food, but this will also cut down your need for more tables which will cut down your need for more center pieces, favors etc. My daughter just got married a week ago & we had a very lavish wedding with 125 guests spending only $7000.00. This included, a DJ, photo booth, a huge, catered buffet meal w/ appetizers, a cappuccino, latte bar & more. Everyone has told us it was the best, most memorable wedding they've ever attended. Best Wishes to you!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Speak to the hall. They may let you sign an agreement that you can finish paying the balance a week after the wedding. Then you can use the $$$ you receive as gifts to cover the balnace of the hall. But as for the other stuff, pick one & pay it off. One thing at a time. I also think a part time job coulfdnt hurt till you pay it off. Better safe than sorry.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• If you are looking to earn money even beyond your wedding and truly change your life for the better then I may have what you are looking for. Its a home based business with a 30-yr-old health and wellness company. All the training is free and online and we are partnered with Mercedes-Benz. This is not a "I just want let someone else decide what hours I work and then accept the pay they give me"-type of business. Its a legitimate home based business where your income potential is matched by your effort and its truly unlimited! If you are willing to learn and to be coachable I can teach you how to earn true wealth and retire your husband (not just a few bucks to pay some bills). Whether your goal is an extra $200, $500 or $5,000 per month, this business can change your life. Visit my website for more information www.choose.myarbonne.com or just contact me through CafeMom! I'd love to give you more info.
    AbbyJada

Answer by AbbyJada at 5:21 PM on Jun. 1, 2010