What would be considered a part time job?

I want enough hours to make money but yet be gone/be home for the kids.

Thanks Ladies!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• To me, a part time job is anything that is less than 40 hours a week and typically does not offer benefits because you don't work 40 hours.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 8:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• 30 hours a week
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Anything under 40 hours a week is part time. I almost lost my full time status because I worked 39 hours a couple weeks in a row. Not my choice, company was cutting back hours, wasn't a fun time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Yup anything under 40 hours is part time which means you don't get benefits

Answer by admckenzie at 9:06 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• It depends on the company. Here, anything over 35 hours per week is considered full time.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I think it depends on the company. I worked 32 hours and was considered full time and got full benefits. I consider 20 -25 hours to be part time though. A job working what they call mothers hours, during the school day would be part time.
    niehoff9

Answer by niehoff9 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• at the grocery stores I used to work at it was up to 39.5 hours - because that way they don't have to give you the FT status and benefits
    Anonymous