why do you think she does this...aarrgg!?!

I babysit this little girl and have been for awhile now anyway every time she geys sick she brings her to me and I made the mistake one time by saying oh that is fine I'll just keep her in a separate room so the or dad wouldn't have to miss work but for some reason these kids of theirs are always sickly. had I known that I wouldn't ever did what I did. (that is what I get for being nice) what me and my dh don't get the mother is a LVN if anything she should know what is wrong with their kids anyway so now I am here with the little girl with 104 Fever. I am such a dumb butt.... Shame on be.
She does use a daycare but rather bring her to me bc they will turn her away and me being the dummy she brings to me all this so she won't have to miss work. I am thinking of giving babysitting up all together, but what now if I do that??? just venting thanks for listening ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Change your policy. (i.e. that you won't take sick kids).
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 8:51 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Call her mother and tell her that she is too sick and that she needs her mother and then change your policy or quit all together. Poor you and poor girl!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 8:56 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• She does it bc you allow her to do it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Start telling her, that you guys keep getting sick because she brings her daughter to you when she gets sick and you can't afford to be sick!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• It's a shame that some people can't even be bothered to care for their own child when they are sick. When your not feeling well all you want is your mommy. :(
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:25 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I have a daycare and I know exactly what you are talking about... I have another friend that has a daycare also that when she took a vacations last year the parents still tried to drop their kids off even though she had taken the week off... She made them leave... If you are not up front with these ppl they will try and walk all over you as mush as you will let them!

I have a contract that every parent has to sign stating what I will accept and what they can not bring to my house ( as in how sick the kids are)

The state will not even allow me to watch a child that has a fever! As soon as the child starts the fever I call the parents to pick them up, they have 30 minutes to get here or i start charging $1 a minute until they get here...

I have had ppl drop their kids off saying they were find and when they hand them to me and leave I see they are warm and look sickly and take their temp and then call them cont...
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• b4 they get down the road.... I have other kids and my family to worry about... you get paid to watch their child but yet they don't pay your medical bill which can get high having someone sick all the time because of the kids you watch!

Stand firm and tell her you are not able to watch them when they are sick anymore it is just to much for the child and you to handle! The mother should want to be with the child more while it is sick! With a 104 temp she should be looked at not laying sick at your house.. What if it goes out of control and you are not able to help her?

Btw my policy is the child can NOT return to my house until fever is gone WITHOUT the hlep of meds for at least 24 hours!!!!

Gl and deff call the mom right now she has to high of a fever and needs to go home!!!!!!!!!!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:47 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• well a 104 degree fever should be looked at by a dr. she is takeing advantage of you in that aspect and some kids are just always sick. However if it happens like more then 3 times a month there is an issue that should be adressed. I understand why the mother is doing it however she needs the money to help support her kids. But that child needs to go to a dr. she could have any number of things that clears up and comes right back but never actually goes away. The same thing happened with my daughter she kept getting a cough and sometimes a fever and the dr didnt even know why for awhile he just said it was allergies but it actually ended up being strep. I would tell her she needs to take her to the dr. right away and if she doesnt then there is a neglect issue there. However I wouldnt give up babysitting all together especially if you love it!
    sam123333

Answer by sam123333 at 9:49 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I have done daycare and worked in daycare centers before. What I always got upset about was the parents that would give the kid motrin before bringing them so that they wouldn't have a fever and would at least be able to go to work for half the day! I had a daycare director that depending on the Christmas gift she would get from the parents would be how she would decide who was to sick to stay and who could stay. One family had 3 kids that were sick all the time but they gave her great gifts so she would just call and ask if she could give them motrin or whatever they had left for them so they wouldn't "be sick" anymore! Tell them you can't watch sick kids and stick to it. GL
    niehoff9

Answer by niehoff9 at 9:50 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Well the bottom line is that you are allowing this so.........either tell her that you will no longer watch her kids if they have a fever and are sick or............continue being taken advantage of :)
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 1, 2010