my 8 month old

Hi i have a question my baby boy is 8 months now and has a fiesty attitude. When he doesn't get his way or what he wants he boils his fist up and gets so mad. Should he be doing this at this age? I feel that he's too young.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No he isn't to young. They have feeling, attitudes, temperaments, and best of all tantrums. My LO was throwing tantrums when she didn't get her way at 6 mos old. You have to learn to ignore it or it will just get worse. Just keep doing what you are doing. If you feel like you are being mean or a little harsh then you know that you are doing your job right. There are times I have to punish my DD several times in a day and she is 23 mos old. I was called a "mean mommy" a few weeks ago and I know that I was doing everything right to help make her a better person by not dealing with her tantrums. I wish you luck but the melt downs get much worse after they turn 1.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:14 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Yes it is normal and so is crying. They are starting to learn emotions and how to use them.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:16 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I totally agree with coala
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• i agree with the pp, they have little attitudes and personalities(sp) of their own.....
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• haha sounds like my twins! Tyler will take Tadens toys and Taden will FREAK out its kind of adorable, but sad lol. And Tyler is always crawling all over things, and when I put him down on the floor and goes beat red and hollars and spits and kind of does this mummbling growl yelling thing haha again, sad but, adorable. he also yells at me, haha. soo expressive.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 12:24 PM on Jun. 3, 2010