How jealous are your kids?

My 10 year old stepson is extremely jealous of anyone or even anything. If the dog sits in my lap and I talk to her or pet her, then he wants to sit in my lap. My neice spends the weekend with us alot because my sister and her brother both have weekend jobs. When she's there, he reverts back into toddler status. He screams and cries and whines just like a 3 year old. We're expecting and this will be our first child together. We haven't told him yet but how can I ease him into it besides just making him feel a part of it. I'm just worried that once the baby gets here, he'll get worse!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• ugh, yeah I can see why a new baby will worry you, this child sounds like he has some issues. whats going on that at 10 he is so needy? any backstory there that you can pinpoint? my advice would be find whats causing that neediness, then work on it. Be sure to spend time with him, bit not too much as then when the baby comes, he may feel resentful. ummm I just dont know what to say hon, good luck and if nothing else is there a counselor at school of someone he can talk to? maybe he just needs something like a hobby to keep him busy and let him have a sense of independance? good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:56 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I would take him to a therapist.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 10:05 AM on Jun. 1, 2010