First period that I've gotten on my own in years without Provera or Metformin.

I started the first period that I've had since I was 16 without the use of meds to get one. We've been trying to conceive for nearly 4 years so I'm very happy about getting one. My question was... Can I go ahead and try to conceive on this cycle or should I wait until I have a few in a row? Also, would I have a higher chance of miscarriage or multiples because of all the eggs dropping since I haven't had a period at all since February? Thanks so much!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Your body will not drop a higher number of eggs just because you have a natural period. Go ahead and try but don't get frustrated when it doesn't happen on this cycle.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• hon a bunch of eggs wont drop, it doesnt work like that. your eggs only live for a certain amt of time,t hey arent held someplace. Plus eggs is ovulation, nothing to do with your period.so you dont have a higher risk of multiples, or misscarriage, at least not that way. I would say try now, try later, try try try. good luck.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Congrats! I went over 10 years without a natural period, so I know how exciting that can be. Yes, you should definitely TTC this cycle and you don't have to worry about excesive eggs dropping. However, try not to get too disappointed if you don't conceive. Unless this is really the beginning of regular cycles for you, you will have a very difficult time figuring out when you ovulate. It doesn't mean it can't happen, it just means it's harder to predict. I got pregnant with my first child when I was only having one to three periods a year, but it took over 4 years.

if you don't get pregnant and don't have another periiod next month call your doctor. I would think a natural period is a very good sign that your body may be ready for pregnancy, though you may still need a little help. GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Jun. 1, 2010