In what pregnancy month did you decorate the nursery?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think I started at about 5 months and finished it like a couple of days before labor. LOL. I had the crib up at about 6, the bedding and everything on by 7, and then after that it was just finishing touches, adding the items from the baby shower, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• As soon as we found out girl/boy...it was an ongoing thing!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I started when I was about three months, buying the bulk of the bedding, the basinett, the crib, dressers, wardrobe, etc. then as soon as I found out I was having a girl (21 weeks), I started decorating the walls, painting, putting put big block letters with her name, etc. And it wasn't ready until the day she came home from the hospital.. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• With my first child I started clearing out the room around 3 or 4 months and started actually decorating around 5 or 6 months. My second pregnancy was a twin pregnancy, and I did good just to have cribs set up before the babies were born.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• AFter I found out the gender of my son @ 17w I had picked out the bedding that I wanted. My DH and I bought the babies furniture & my dad painted. I was about 6.5m when the room got painted. A week later the furniture came. I had to wait for the bedding and such until my shower. Which was I was 7.5m pregnant.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I didn't. We didn't have an official nursery. Only 1 bedroom in our first house, and only 2 in our second.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Never. I've never had a nursery. Heck the room my girls are in now is the same exact color it was when it was my brother's room when he was a kid (brick red and tan). I never had any interest in doing that stuff anyway. I had other things to spend my money on. I'm on my 5th child and we only have a 3 bed room house so it will have to share with older siblings no matter what. And we're renting so we couldn't do anything anyway. None of my kids have ever had real furniture or matching bedding or anything like that. Neither did I when I was a kid.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:45 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Does it matter? After the three month mark many people they are safe from miscarriage.
    LuvMyGirls119

Answer by LuvMyGirls119 at 7:05 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• It was just a question out of curiosity, I'm not racing anyone but I knew someone would have something snarky to say thats why I did it anonymous. You're absolutely right it doesnt matter, just something that went through my mind and thought I'd ask it. Thank you for your very informative and kind reply.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 AM on Jun. 2, 2010