How long did your 34 weeker have to stay in the hospital?

I just had b/g twins on May 17th at 34 weeks and 2 days. My baby boy got to come home this past Friday but my little girl is still in the NICU because she keeps having "spells" where her oxygen levels drop down really low... usually either during a feeding or right afterward.

Anyway, this morning when I called to check on her I asked the nurse if it was normal for her to STILL be having these spells and the nurse said, "No. But as far as what is causing it, we don't know."

Up until now they kept saying it's normal for a 34 weeker to have spells where their oxygen drops and that they just eventually grow out of it ... but apparently they are thinking she should have "grown out of it" by now. I'm going to talk to the doctor about it when we go see her tomorrow .... but I am just starting to worry that there is something serious wrong with her.

So, has this happened to any of you? How did it turn out?

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 10:04 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• im sorry im not much help, my son was almost 7 weeks early and weighed 6lbs 14oz and didnt have any complications, he got to go home with me. but im sure there are some mamas that have been in the same situation as you, so i will let them chime in with their advice lol...congrats on the babies!!
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• ask ure doc. he/she knows best
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jun. 1, 2010