What would happen to me if??

Ok I started a job at a resturant and it's living hell. I'm looking for a new job... But this has got to be worst place I've ever worked. Manager steals food in BULK and money , employees are lazy and dirty. This place is just awful and soooooooo gross. Somehow we managed to pass our health inspection. But honestly I think the manager pays the inspector. Last night I found bugs, BLACK mold on hte ice machine and inside one of the bars, there's a giant hole in the wall like a foot away from the main food bar that has more black mold in it. Our walk in fridge is usually at 45-50 degrees... I could go on forever. but last night I started taking pictures of some random gross stuff I saw. If I were to turn these in and the resturant got shut down (which it needs to be!!!!) what would happen to us? would we get unemployment? I live in indiana if it makes a difference. We can't just transfer because it's not a big chain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• they would more than likely not be shut down they would be given so many days to fix the problems and if they werent able to fix it then they would be shut down.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:32 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• omg ! thats terrible ! thank God the restaurant isnt in MD/DC area !! lol
    yes u need to turn in those pics. u might be unemployed for a while but doing a good deed for humanity will do u good. trust me on this one !!! u will find a nice and better job soon (hopefully) ..and think about all the people u would be saving from going mildly sick to seriously sick !
    dont worry about ure job sweetie. u will find something better.like i said, u do good for others, God will do good for u
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Yes you will get unemployment as long as you are actively searching for a new job. Also, keep in mind you can contact the BBB, your county code inspector, and even the police if the restaurant is paying the inspector (its illegal) because this is something they should all know about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Im just wondering if you can do it annonymously? So, if they get the chance to fix stuff you dont want to be the one on the chopping block. You would be the first to go. Another thought, be really careful with running around taking pics and stuff, cause if this does get back to management before you report it, they can and will let you go. Then you will hae a hell of time collecting unemployment. Good luck and good grief!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• you can do it anon. thats what i would do. i dont know about there but the restraunt my husband works at it's against their policies to take any kind of pic. and they just had a mouse problem that was really gross. they will shut the place down for all the criticals, if they reopen or not would depend on if they clean it all up. but you should recieve some type of unemployment, though probably not much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• OP here: Everyone was outside smoking and I took the pics with my cellphone. No one else was in there and saw me. and there aren't any cameras. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jun. 1, 2010