I am losing my mucus plug?!?! Please help i'm worried...

I am 13 weeks and 3 days and I have been losing my mucus plug for a little over over a week now and I mean TONS of it...I don't even know how any could be left! Is this normal?Does it make new in place of what I'm losing? Should I call my doctor?

IamATeenMom307

Asked by IamATeenMom307 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Go to your dr... there is really nothing anyone on here can tell you that will help except to GO TO YOUR DR.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 10:38 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• i agree with laci
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Are you sure it's your mucus plug, and not just an overabundance of other mucus? You could be getting a yeast infection or something causing it. But yes, like the other 2 said, if you're worried, call your doctor immediately.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I dont understund why are u asking this Question here. the st thing I would do is consulting my Doctor she knows better
    Imane1215

Answer by Imane1215 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I HIGHLY doubt it is your mucous plug. You can have an increased amount of discharge from your pregnancy. It is called cervical discharge, and it is completely normal.

Or, you could have an infection or some sort.. And that could explain the discharge. Just call your OB/GYN and make an appt for as soon as possible to get a pelvic exam to check for infections.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• The reason I am asking here is because I can't get to the doctor right now or any time within the next 3-3 1/2 hours since my husband took our only car and I was hoping for someone to ease my mind while I was stuck here
    IamATeenMom307

Answer by IamATeenMom307 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I heard that you could loose your mucus plug several times. I would not worry unless you were bleeding. You could call the doctor's office and see what they say about it. You could be worrying over nothing.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:09 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Although you can lose your plug and have it re-generate, you wont start to lose your plug until you have began to dilate so if you even think its your plug, you should go to the doc immediately. He can sew your cervix shut so that you can hopefully carry your baby full term. Having said that, I HIGHLY doubt it is your mucous plug. My guess would be some sort of bacterial infection or just increased mucous from pregnancy
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:42 PM on Jun. 1, 2010