Im making a broccoli beef stirfry...what type of sauce or seasonings can I put on it?

I have the beef ready to be cut into strips..have a bag of broccoli stir fry vegetables...I have the white rice,lol...but I DON'T have Teryaki sauce or anything like that. What would be good to put on it? Can I make a sauce? I could serve it with no sauce, but what fun would that be,lol.
Any ideas anyone? All will be appreciated! Thanks :)

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 11:29 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• After cooking the beef strips (vegetables were cooked 1st then removed), I mix 1/2 c. chicken broth, 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, and 1 tsp. cornstarch and stir it in with the beef. After it thickens a bit, add the veggies back in, heat through, and you're ready to serve. If it's not enough sauce for your tastes, make more.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• teryaki is what I use it when I make stirfry and it tastes really good but since you dont have that..... lol I dont know of any that you could make, I have had stirfry without, and it was alright....... do you have any honey? do you have that Litons Beefy Onion soup mix? ...mix those together ( with a tiny bit of water) .... and that would taste pretty good ( I have used that ins tiryfry and also on chicken
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:42 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• *lipton
    glamomomo

• You know what..I just happen to have onion soup mix and honey,lol. Maybe I'll give that a try, thanks!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:44 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I have those ingrediants too michiganmom! Thanks..I knew some of you ladies would have some good ideas for me!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:06 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Cheese sauce will be great. If you have velvetta or slice cheese. Just melt the cheese and add milk.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• you guys gave me a great idea for this evenings dinner
    ms_mommy_sue

Answer by ms_mommy_sue at 12:58 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Have you ever tried Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame salad dressing? Its great with veggies alone, or pork and rice, chicken and rice, beef and rice. Its like a ginger garlic flavor.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:55 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Michiganmom...I tried it and it came out pretty good! I didnt use exact measurments...who ever does,lol. Just went by taste but used the ingrediants you reccomended.Thankyou very much for the idea!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2010