Bank acct. garnished

I owe money to a homeowners association and they went into my acct and froze $600. I know it's legal for the bank to do that but I never got a notice from the association only form the bank a few days later. So DH called the homeowners assoc. and they said they will send paperwork but they never did. Now the court date is this month. I don't care about them getting the money because we owe.

is it legal since they never sent us paperwork? and if we are not trying to fight this do we still have to show up in court?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• Im thinking you signed something somewhere in the original contracts that covers them. Talk to an attorney.
    Anonymous

• I think that you sign documents when your purchased the home that in the event of default they can do so.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 12:29 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• No offense but if you aren't going to fight it and you owe it, what does it matter?
    Anonymous

• ANON 1:10 I was just wondering in case something like this happens again. First time this ever happened to me that's all. I just thought it was illegal to not notify me first.
    Anonymous

• Probably if you settle things out, the court appearance can be cancelled.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:31 PM on Jun. 1, 2010