Bathroom Stall etiquette...

3 questions about bathroom manners. Assume there are 3 stalls, one handicapped, and then 2 standard stalls. You have to use the restroom...

Situation 1): You are the only one in the bathroom. Which stall do you choose?

Situation 2): There is no line. The 2 standard stalls are occupied. Do you wait, or use the handicapped stall?

Situation 3): There is a line. You are next to go in, and the handicapped stall will be open. Behind you is a person who can only use the handicapped stall. Do you let them go ahead of you, or take your turn as it is in line?

Squirrell34

Asked by Squirrell34 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• first of all, WHY is this question in this section? Weird. Anyway.

1. Whichever looks the cleanest.
    2. Use what's available.
    3. Let the person who needs it go first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I never use the h/c stall if another one is available. If the other two are full I say go ahead and use it unless the person behind you is h/c and then offer to let them go in front of you. Technically, bathrooms are first come first serve and if you really have to go I say just go. I hope the h/c will understand.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 11:58 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• UGH,,,ok,,Sit 1. I go to the one closiest to the door Sit 2. I will use the handicapped if its the only one open, Sit 3. IF there is a handicapped person behind me in line, I would most certainly let them go first to the handicapped stall
    Anonymous

• 1. I use the one closest to the door because I think its used less.
    2. I use the handicapp because I have children. Handicapp doesnt mean off limits.
    3. I will use good manners and allow the handicapped individual use it and cram my kids in the little stall.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 12:02 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I'm the first anon and WOW I feel like an a$$ right now - I could have sworn I read this was in the religion section - my bad, I apologize for my statement! Total mis-read on my part! If I could delete my reply I would!
    Anonymous

• Well first i don't use public bathrooms unless it is an emergency lol. But
    1. I would look for the cleanest one and go in that one.
    2. use the h/c one anyways.
    3. let the h/c person go first.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 12:03 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I only use public restrooms if it's an absolute must but I usually use the handicap stall because more than likely I have my son with me and i'm sorry but my ass and a 5 year old just doesn't fit well in a regular stall. As for there being a line, I just won't go.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 12:07 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Situation 1): I chose whichever looks cleanest, although I never sit on the seat, its still gross .

Situation 2): Depends, if I have my child, then yes, if I dont , then possibly, I mean its not like its off limits.

Situation 3): I let the handicap go first. Thats just pure respect & manners .
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• 1. I'd look in them all and pick the cleanest one.
    2. I'd use whichever stall was open, even the handicapped stall.
    3. I'd ask the handicap if they would like to go first, because it would seem rude to others not to. But in my experience, unless the person REALLY needs to go, I was insisted to go first because I was in line. However, I do know how hard it is to get up and down from a toilet to a wheelchair, and it sucks!

What about elderly or really young?

I'd insist the elderly or young go before me. Especially if they were feeble, no matter how bad I needed to go, I know it is harder for some elders to hold it than me. Also, little ones that really need to pee are in no better shape, lol. So they can have a pot before me too!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:27 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• I use a regular stall if it's available UNLESS they are all really gross or I'm super pregnant. It's just easier to maneuver in the handicap stall. If it's the only one available I'll use it and be super quick about it just in case and, of course, if there is someone behind me that would need the handicap one I'll allow them to cut in front and use it while I wait.
    I also use the handicap stall when I take my 4yo to the bathroom because there just isn't room in a regular stall for both of us, especially now that I'm huge pregnant. But that's only if no one else needs the handicap one.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:44 PM on Jun. 1, 2010